(1) All advertisements published in the Market Bulletin must relate directly to the agricultural industry or be a product of the industry. Any item submitted for sale through the Bulletin must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- The item must be produced or raised by the advertiser on his or her own farming operation;
- The item must be made by the advertiser from materials on his or her own farm; or
- The item must be owned and used by the advertiser on his or her own farming operation and must not be part of a commercial entity’s inventory.
(2) Business and Real Estate Professional Restriction – Classified notices are not permitted for businesses or real estate professionals. A person connected with a business or real estate profession may only advertise items that he or she owns and that are not directly associated with the business or commercial operations.
(3) Submission Requirements – Each classified notice submitted for publication must meet the following requirements:
(a) The notice must be in writing or be submitted online via agr.georgia.gov;
(b) The notice must be legible;
(c) The notice must appear on a single sheet of paper separate from any other notice;
(d) The notice must be accompanied by the category name and the name, mailing address, street address, telephone number, and subscriber number of the person submitting the notice; and
(e) The notice must be followed by the below certification statement and the signature of the person submitting the notice.
“I hereby certify that the above notice meets all necessary requirements for publication in the Farmers and Consumers Market Bulletin.”
(4) Legal Requirements – Any item for sale or service offered in a classified notice must conform to all applicable laws and regulations regarding sale and movement. The Editor may summarize any known legal requirements or requirements imposed by the Commissioner in each category’s headnote; however, this summary will not be deemed exclusive should the Editor become aware of other laws or regulations.
(5) License and Permit Requirement – An advertiser must hold all required licenses and permits for any product or service advertised, and all applicable licenses and permits must remain valid throughout the advertising run.
(6) Testing Requirement – An advertiser must appropriately test any product which requires testing, and the results of this test must remain valid throughout the product’s advertising run.
(7) Documentation Requirement – An advertiser must appropriately document any product which requires documentation, and the documentation must remain valid throughout the product’s advertising run.
(8) Additional Restrictions – The following restrictions apply to Classified Notices:
(a) Handicrafts – All items advertised in the Handicrafts column must be made by the advertiser and not purchased for resale. These items must be usable in the home or on the farm.
(b) Farm Labor – Only farm work wanted or farm help wanted notices are allowed in the Farm Employment column. Commercial or domestic employment will not be published or advertised.
(c) Farm Land – Advertisements for the sale, purchase, or rental of farm land may be published in issues specifically designated by the Editor. Commercial or city properties will not be published or advertised. The Editor will determine if property to be advertised can be classified as a farm.
(d) Farm Machinery and Equipment – Only farm machinery and equipment owned by the advertiser and used in his or her own farming operation can be advertised. A person advertising for machinery and equipment wanted must seek those items for his or her own farming operation.
(e) Farm Services – Any farm service advertised must be performed by the advertiser personally on the farm of the individual desiring service.
(f) Livestock – All livestock must have been in the advertiser’s possession for a minimum of 90 days before they can be advertised.
(g) Pets – Pets are not eligible for advertisement in the Bulletin, with the following exceptions:
- Stock dogs – Advertisers must submit a copy of a current Rabies Vaccination Certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian for dogs 12 weeks and older.
- Fish – Aquatic animals, including catfish and trout, which are recognized by Georgia’s aquaculture industry.
(h) Timber – Timber must be individually owned and produced by the advertiser on his or her own property. Timber wanted advertisements will not be published.
Authority: O.C.G.A. Sec. 2-2-7.
Publication of Classified Notices
Without the Editor’s advance special authorization, each subscriber may only run one classified notice in an issue of the Bulletin.
Following approval, classified notices will be published in only two issues per submission; however, a person may make a written request for publication of a classified notice in up to four consecutive issues. If extended publication is permitted, a new classified notice must be submitted after the four-issue publication period to continue publication of the classified notice.
Authority: O.C.G.A. Sec. 2-2-7.