All hemp must be tested for Total Delta-9 THC before harvesting. This is the foundation of hemp production in the U.S. and meets the requirements of:
- the USDA Domestic Hemp Production Program Final Rule,
- the USDA approved Hemp Plan for Georgia, and
- the Georgia Hemp Farming Act
This page provides information on the official sampling guidelines, GDA approved sampling agents authorized to collect samples, and GDA approved laboratories where official samples can be sent for Total Delta-9 THC testing.
USDA guidelines for sampling are detailed in the Sampling Guidelines for Hemp U.S. Domestic Hemp Production
As a licensed hemp grower, it is your responsibility to:
- Contact a GDA-approved sampling agent within 30 days before harvest for official sample collection;
- Be present (or have an authorized representative present) at the grow site during the official sample collection; and
- Pay all sampling fees (including shipping, laboratory fees, etc.). You are liable for all such sampling fees, including those for any samples collected by a GDA-approved sampling agent.
Cost of Sampling
Each official sampler has provided their own rates for sampling. It is your responsibility to pay for costs incurred to sample and test your crop or product.
You may receive contact from the samplers in the coming days with information about their services and how to contact them to schedule an official sampling. GDA strongly encourages all growers and processors to reach out to multiple samplers, as costs may vary based on geography and other grower- or processor-specific factors.
Approved Sampling Agents
Note: all agents on this list have been newly added for 2023.
GEM Testing and Extraction Labs Corporation
Phone: (706) 329-0348