Serve Georgia Grown Survey Frequently Asked Questions
Information is being collected on behalf of the Georgia Department of Agriculture.
The purpose of this survey is to identify food producers for the Local Food Procurement Assistance (LFPA) Program and other food buying programs
Any farmer, rancher or specialty food producer can complete the survey
• What produce, meat or specialty food products do you grow or manufacture?
• Are your products grown or manufactured in the state of Georgia? Regionally? Domestically?
• Do you self-identify as a socially disadvantaged farmer, rancher, or specialty food producer?
• What is your current volume, availability, and target market?
• What are your current established food safety practices?
• What support resources do you need to grow your business?
• Are you a Georgia Grown member?
No, data is gathered to aid food buying organizations in identifying and selecting food producers.
This is a rolling survey but there will be specific cut-off dates to plan for future opportunity windows.
No, but the more complete information you provide the better we will understand your target market
No, depending on your answers and the state of your business additional information may be required for consideration / participation in any programs – there is potentially a second interview along with an on-site visit.
Contact the Georgia Department of Agriculture Marketing Division at 404-576-5938 or Matthew Kulinski at Matthew.Kulinski@agr.georgia.gov.