Recertification Training Requirement for Instructors & Sponsors
All courses and conferences are limited to 11 recertification credits and 6 reregistration credits per category.
All recertification/reregistration training courses must be approved by the Georgia Structural Pest Control Commission for each calendar year. You must receive approval prior to presenting a course for credit. This approval will be valid through December 31 of the year you apply. You’ll need to resubmit it for each following year. Send your request to the Commission at least 30 days before the scheduled start date of the course.
Your request must include:
- Application for Training Course Approval
- Training Course Outline (Detailed outline of the course including time frames for each topic)
- Instructor Application & Resume (Unless instructor is currently approved)
- Training Course Verification Form - see options below
- Recertification Course Requirements
- Login and course submission through the Training Course Online portal
- Authorized Submitter Application
Your course needs to meet the following criteria to be approved for credit:
- It must focus on operating a pest control company, covering subjects such as:
- Entomology or pest biology
- Pesticide use
- Equipment maintenance
- Business and personnel management
If your course is approved, you'll receive a notification by mail with assigned course numbers. This approval will be valid through December 31 of the current year.
Training Attendance Verification Requirements for Trainers & Sponsors
You must submit verification of attendance for the certified operators or registered employees who complete the course. There are two options for Training Course Verification
Option 1: Training Slips
You can use a sign-in sheet completed at the beginning of the course and an individual training slip for each attendee filled out at the end of the course. For credit, training slips must include: attendee's name, certification or registration number, course name, course number, instructor's name, and training date.
Download a sample training slip form.
Option 2: Attendance Verification Form
You can use a verification of attendance form that requires each participant to sign in at the beginning of the course and sign out at the end of the course. Registered Employees and Certified Operators must sign separate forms. The form must include the attendee's name, signature, certification or registration number, course name, course number, instructor's name, and training date.
Download a sample attendance verification form.